NECB’s graduate business programs ranked 7th in New England by U.S. News and World Report
Why Choose New England College of Business?
New England College of Business has been educating successful finance and business professionals for over 100 years. Our online learning platform is ideal for today's busy working adult. We understand the need for access to high-quality online degrees and provide programs that are:
Lowest tuition among all private four-year colleges in New England (U.S. Department of Education College Affordability and Transparency Center, 2011-2017).
Courses are 100% online, allowing you to study anytime and anywhere.
Career-focused coursework is led by faculty with real-world experience.
Our degree programs are regionally accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Our interactive online learning environment was recognized with a 2014 Gold Award for Best Practices (USDLA) and the ACHE Award for Creative Use of Technology, and our degree programs are consistently recognized by U.S. News and World Report.
Master’s in Finance Online
The Master of Science in Finance (MSF) degree is designed to provide a comprehensive, contemporary perspective on financial theory and practice. Compared to an MBA, this online master's degree in finance provides an exclusive focus on financial models, financial markets and investment strategies. The course curriculum along with the knowledge and skills acquired while obtaining the MSF degree offers excellent preparation for an individual to pursue entry or advancement in the financial services industry.
This accelerated, graduate-level online business degree program requires 10 courses and can be completed within 15 months of continuous enrollment.
MSF Degree Concentrations and Tracks
Students with an interest in global finance and trading may also choose to pursue our MSF with Global Finance Trading concentration.
We also offer tracks in leadership, healthcare management, and ethics and corporate social responsibility to provide students with a broader perspective in finance:
Students also have the opportunity to refresh their knowledge and skills, or develop new expertise, with NECB's Graduate Certificate in Financial Management, Graduate Certificate in Financial Planning, and Graduate Certificate in Global Finance Trading. The 12 credit hours earned in this program are transferable to the Master of Science in Finance (MSF) program.
What You Will Learn in the Online Master of Science in Finance
MSF students will be able to make sound managerial financial decisions by:
- Analyzing financial data and market research information to conduct analyses for sound investment decisions and portfolio management.
- Utilizing financial concepts and analytical tools to make financial decisions in managerial finance and investment management.
- Devising effective financial plans and risk management strategies.
- Applying theoretical constructs and quantitative tools to devise financial models to address corporate finance challenges.
- Evaluating issues in financial ethics and compliance to support ethical practices.
- Strategizing and proposing comprehensive financial plans and investment policies to maximize shareholders’ value in the current global environment.
As a final deliverable, all MSF students will construct a comprehensive financial analysis and investment analysis report on par with those found in the financial press.
Throughout this program, team building, cross-sector learning and professional networking are encouraged through small, online classes. Your fellow students may include finance professionals such as treasurers, fraud analysts, underwriters, financial analysts, tax specialists, bank presidents and portfolio managers—to name a few.
“The low tuition was a benefit. The professional growth I experienced — I don't know if that would have been possible without my MSF.”
Is the Online Master of Science in Finance Right for You?
The online Master of Science in Finance program is designed so that working adults can earn their business degree online and pursue careers in the financial sector, such as asset management, debt, equity and commodities trading, investment banking, commercial lending, mutual funds, hedge funds, insurance and more. This includes those who want to shift their career path into finance as well as those who are currently employed in finance and want to deepen their knowledge in this field.
A business undergraduate degree is not required for admission into the master’s in finance online program. If you’re looking for a faster way to develop skills in finance, we also offer several graduate certificates:
- Graduate Certificate in Financial Management
- Graduate Certificate in Financial Planning
- Graduate Certificate in Global Finance Trading
Nearly all of our students are working adults who recognize New England College of Business as a good fit for its convenience and flexibility. Sixty-three percent of them are employed at organizations which have a Corporate Partner relationship with New England College of Business.
“I could have gone to Boston University or Harvard. However, I selected New England College of Business for the Master of Finance because the program was very specific, pretty short, and I was able to finish it within two years.”
We accept admission applications for our accelerated online Master of Finance program throughout the year. Evaluation of each candidate's application is based on the following:
- Online application for admission
- Payment of $75 application fee (one-time, non-refundable)
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or foreign credential equivalent established by a third party evaluation agency
- Official copies of all college/university-level transcripts (undergraduate and graduate) along with program and course descriptions if student is seeking to transfer credit
- Essay (approximately one to two pages) describing how the Master of Science in Finance (MSF) will help the student achieve long- and short-term personal and professional goals
- Current resume
- Required personal interview, generally conducted via telephone
Neither the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) nor the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) are required. However, you can submit those scores to strengthen your admission application.
Students that do not already have foundational coursework in business may be conditionally accepted, subject to satisfactory completion of up to two prerequisite courses: Corporate Finance and Statistics.
Foreign language students must submit TOEFL or IELTS testing scores that meet the New England College of Business admissions requirements for admittance to Graduate Programs found in the Academic Catalog and Student Handbook.
For more information and detailed admissions requirements, consult the Academic Catalog and Student Handbook.