Intermediate Accounting Certificate Program Description
This Intermediate Accounting Certificate program is designed to provide students with the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to identify industry trends and evaluate the impact of those trends at a corporate and industry level. It is also intended to enhance accounting proficiencies and provide students with the ability to develop corporate level financial documents, as well as the ability to critically analyze and synthesize information found in complex accounting and financial reports. Ethical decision-making, as it relates to financial reporting, is an integral theme of the Intermediate Accounting Certificate program.
The Intermediate Accounting Certificate was designed for individuals with 3-5 years of experience and/or undergraduate level coursework in accounting and finance. Students will have met course prerequisites (Accounting I and Accounting II and College Algebra) prior to enrolling in this certificate. This accounting certificate will appeal to those who want to shift their career path into accounting and finance within the financial services industry as well as those who are currently employed in the industry and require advanced skills to move into higher level management positions.
Intermediate Accounting Certification Prerequisites
Students will have met course prerequisites (Accounting I and Accounting II and College Algebra) prior to enrolling in this certificate.
Intermediate Accounting Certificate Program Outcomes
Successful completion of the Intermediate Accounting Certificate program is designed to prepare the student to:
- Research, analyze, and prepare corporate level reports and financial statements according to GAAP.
- Apply accounting and finance concepts and principles to the corporate financial structure.
- Prepare reports pertaining to long-term investments, tangible and intangible assets.
- Evaluate accounting procedures from the perspective of a financial accountant, a trust administrator, and a manager.
- Identify the expanded product line offered via financial service markets.
- Identify and apply regulatory and compliance regulations
Intermediate Accounting Certificate Curriculum
This seven-course accounting certificate includes the following three-credit courses:
- Intermediate Accounting 1 (Prerequisite: Accounting II)
- Intermediate Accounting 2 (Prerequisite: Intermediate Accounting 1)
- Federal Income Tax
- Accounting Information Systems
- Advanced Accounting & Reporting
- Corporate Finance
- Investment Management
|Tuition||Cost Per Course*||Total Program|
|Undergraduate Application||$50 (one time)|
|eResources||$75 per course|
*All prices are subject to change. Please refer to the Academic Catalog (.pdf) for the most up to date pricing.
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
Please refer to the Academic Catalog (.pdf) for withdrawal and refund policy information.