Undergraduate Admission Requirements
Candidates for admission are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to be accepted to a specific program and starting date. Applicants interested in matriculating into any undergraduate program must complete the admission process. New students registering in a single course must also complete this one-time application process. The following is required to complete the process for admission to undergraduate programs at New England College of Business:
- Online Application for admission through the Student Enrollment Portal.
- Payment of $50 application fee (non-refundable).
- Must have graduated from high school or achieved a GED.
- Foreign credentials, with limited exceptions, must be evaluated for US equivalency by a third-party evaluation agency.
- Official college transcripts from all institutions from which you are seeking to transfer credit.
- Successfully pass the required English and Mathematics Placement Examination by achieving a score of 75% or better on both exams.
- Students who successfully transfer in a college level math and English courses or their equivalents from a regionally accredited institution to New England College of Business may be exempt from taking Placement Examinations.
- If student has attended a previous higher education institution, their academic record may be reviewed as a consideration in admission.
Note: Students who score under 55% on either of these exams will not be admitted to the College. Students who score between 55% and 74% on either of these exams will be provisionally accepted and invited to take a fundamentals course, which must be completed with a grade of “C” or higher to matriculate into an undergraduate degree program.
Student Preparedness - General Education
Student success is New England College of Business’s primary concern. Strong writing, critical thinking, and mathematics skills are fundamental to student success. New England College of Business measures student ability in these areas upon application to the College by administering Entrance Examinations in English and Mathematics.
- Continuing education students may enroll in up to two 100 or 200 level courses prior to taking the English and Mathematics diagnostic exams.
- Continuing education students who enroll in 300 or 400 level courses are required to take English and Mathematics diagnostic exams or provide evidence of passing English Composition and Math with a “C” or higher.
- Students who have not taken courses at New England College of Business during the past year are considered re-entry students and are subject to Undergraduate Admission Requirements.
- Students who score under 55% on either of these exams will not be admitted to the College. Students will not be eligible to retake the exam for one year. Students who score between 55% and 74% on either of these exams will be invited to take a trial developmental class, the passing of which, with a grade of “C” or higher, will be required to matriculate into a degree program. (In the event a student does not pass this course, or passes the course and elects not to matriculate, there will be no tuition charged for this trial course.)
General Requirements - Computer and Internet Access
To participate in an online course, you must have access to a computer that can play audio and video. You also need a broadband Internet connection. An Internet connection is necessary to participate in discussions and assignments, access readings, transfer course work, and receive feedback from your instructor.