Basic Accounting Certificate Program Description
This undergraduate basic online accounting certificate is designed to prepare learners with the Accounting basics. Students will take seven introductory courses in the Basic Accounting Certificate program to earn a certificate while simultaneously completing the prerequisites required in the Intermediate Accounting Certificate program.
The Basic Accounting Certificate was designed for individuals with entry-level industry experience and little or no undergraduate-level coursework in accounting. This certificate will appeal to those who are just entering the field as well as those who want to shift their career path into accounting.
Accounting Certification Prerequisites
Pass Math and English diagnostic exam or Fundamentals of English and Fundamentals of Math. Students who have passed a Math or English class from a regionally accredited school may bypass the diagnostic exam and fundamental courses.
Basic Accounting Certificate Program Outcomes
Successful completion of this certificate program is designed to prepare the student to:
- Compare and contrast banking and finance from both a historical and a contemporary perspective
- Apply basic management and mathematic concepts to solve problems and inform decisions
- Use accounting terminology to explain the process by which transactions are analyzed and transformed into financial statements.
- Examine and apply laws and regulations relating to business and accounting issues
- Prepare budgets to assist management in decision-making.
- Analyze financial statements, including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, and reconciliation of retained earnings statements.
- Determine whether a company’s current performance trends are indicative of its future financial viability.
Basic Accounting Certificate Curriculum
This seven-course certificate includes the following three-credit courses:
- Accounting I
- Accounting II
- Financial Statements for Managers
- Managerial/Cost Accounting
- Principle of Financial Services
- 2 Courses chosen from ACC, BNK, FIN, MGM or INB
|Tuition||Cost Per Course*||Total Program|
|Undergraduate Application||$50 (one time)|
|eResources||$85 per course|
*All prices are subject to change. Please refer to the Academic Catalog (.pdf) for the most up to date pricing.
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
Please refer to the Academic Catalog (.pdf) for withdrawal and refund policy information.