Skip to Main Content

Applying for Financial Aid

Contact the Financial Aid Office

Toll-Free Phone:
(800) 997-1673
Select Option #3

Direct Line:
(617) 603-6995

(877) 809-3869


Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
9:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m. (Eastern)
Tuesday and Thursday
9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (Eastern)

Find answers to your questions at Financial Aid TV

In order to apply for financial aid, you must:

  • Apply for the U.S. Department of Education’s Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID at
  • Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at The federal school code for New England College of Business is 039653.

Once the FAFSA is processed by the federal government, you should receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). You should review the SAR to determine if the New England College of Business Financial Aid Office will require additional documents. The SAR should also be reviewed to ensure the accuracy of the data submitted. You should contact the New England College of Business Financial Aid Office immediately if there are any inaccuracies.

Students who intend to utilize federal financial aid programs to assist with their education expenses at New England College of Business must complete all financial arrangements prior to registering for classes.

Students must reapply each academic year for federal financial aid programs. The Renewal FAFSA is available on October 1st. Students who intend to be enrolled and attending terms beginning after July 1st must complete and submit the Renewal FAFSA. We recommend that Renewal FAFSAs be submitted no later than April 15th to ensure all deadlines have been met.

To be considered for federal financial aid programs, a student must meet all of the following criteria:

  • Demonstrate financial need. Financial need is the difference between the estimated cost of attendance and the calculated amount the student and family can be expected to provide based on the information provided on the FAFSA;
  • Provide all documents required by either the Financial Aid Office and/or the Department of Education;
  • Be enrolled in an approved degree or certificate program;
  • Be enrolled on at least a halftime basis;
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress;
  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen (.pdf link);
  • Not owe a refund on a Federal Pell Grant or be in default on a Federal Perkins Loan (formerly NDLS), Federal Stafford Loan (formerly GSL), Federal PLUS Loan or Federal Supplemental Loan for Independent Students (SLS);
  • Have a valid social security number;
  • Be registered with the Selective Service, if required;
  • Have not been convicted of an illegal drug offense.

Financial Aid for Classes Outside of New England College of Business and Study Abroad

New England College of Business federal financial aid programs are applied only to courses taken at New England College of Business. New England College of Business does not have consortium agreements with any other schools at this time. New England College of Business does not currently offer any study abroad programs.

Back to Top