Founded in 1909, New England College of Business (NECB) offers online certificates, undergraduate and graduate degrees in a variety of business relevant disciplines through NECB’s award-winning online Learning Management System. NECB’s commitment to providing exceptional online programs has been recognized with a 2017 Brandon Hall Gold Medal for “Best Practices in Online Learning Programming” as well as rankings by U.S. News & World Report for best online programs. NECB is accredited by New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Located in the heart of Boston’s Financial District, NECB is just two blocks from South Station with easy access to the Red, Green, and Orange Lines.
The Director of Information Technology is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, hiring, and execution of all IT functions for the New England College of Business. This includes directing all IT operations to meet the college’s requirements, as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee newly created IT department; manage the IT budget; negotiate licenses; manage vendors
- Ensure the continuous delivery of IT services through the oversight of service level agreements with vendors, and monitoring of IT systems performance, to ensure the continuous functioning of mission critical operations
- Design and implement short and long-term strategic plans to ensure systems infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements
- Create/maintain a disaster recovery plan for all major information technology systems
- Provide IT security for all systems (CampusVue and Servers) and Email
- Provide administrative services for the Campus Nexus Student Information System (SIS) through collaboration with Campus Management Support
- Manage/support Office 365 as an enterprise application
- Design services and develop infrastructure plans to meet the needs of remote users
- Research new platforms for the college to explore, ensuring the college is on the cutting edge
- Manage and complete projects within a specified timeframe while prioritizing and working on multiple projects simultaneously. Excellent time management skills are required.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Provide backup support for student, faculty and staff support calls, if needed
- A Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems and Technology Management or equivalent.
- Multiple years of experience as Director of Information Technology (or equivalent) at the college or university level; or a position demonstrating progressively increasing responsibility.
- Current knowledge in use and trends of technology in higher education.
- Strong technical and administrative background at an institution of higher education supporting administrative computing, campus networks, information security, and telecommunications.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, nurture and build cooperative, collegial working relationships with a broad range of higher education constituencies.
- Experience in IT strategic planning, budgeting, and personnel management.
- Experience in ERP implementation project management; higher education preferred.
- Administrative system implementation and management with Campus Management experience preferred.
- Familiar with Server Infrastructure and Networking subject matter.