Founded in 1909, New England College of Business (NECB) offers online certificates, undergraduate and graduate degrees in a variety of business relevant disciplines through NECB’s award-winning online Learning Management System. NECB’s commitment to providing exceptional online programs has been recognized with a 2017 Brandon Hall Gold Medal for “Best Practices in Online Learning Programming” as well as rankings by U.S. News & World Report for best online programs. NECB is accredited by New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Located in the heart of Boston’s Financial District, NECB is just two blocks from South Station with easy access to the Red, Green, and Orange Lines.
The Office of the Registrar is responsible for the accuracy and security of the college’s academic records, the maintenance of the college’s student information system, the tracking of student progress, and the scheduling and grading functionalities of the college. The Associate Registrar will be in charge of the day-to-day operations of the Registrar department, including the tracking of student progress, the updating of student statuses with the college, and the processing of student requests relating to their academic records. The position requires strong decision making, interpersonal skills, attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, and the ability to work collectively with other departments at the college. Prioritizing responsibilities in a fast-paced environment is a must.
- Processing academic reports by session, semester, and year as needed.
- Developing efficiencies within the department to increase productivity.
- Performing transcript evaluations for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Entering undergraduate and graduate transfer credit and maintain student records.
- Entering schedule and instructor information and tracking final grade and attendance posting utilizing the college’s student information system.
- Determining anticipated graduation dates for students and reporting student enrollment statuses.
- Working with partner organizations when scheduling students for courses.
- Processing degree verifications, transcript requests, course and college drop requests.
- Evaluating academic variances and requests for course Incompletes.
- Performing tasks required by other areas of functionality in the college.
- Responding to student inquiries in a timely manner.
- Determining the order in which daily job responsibilities need to be accomplished.
- Assisting with verification of student degree completion and graduation duties.
- Duties may require occasional evening and/or weekend work
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-4 years of related experience; experience working in higher education a plus.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; most specifically in Word, Excel, and Outlook.