The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
New England College of Business (NECB) is looking for an experienced sales professional to join a growing team of sales professionals working together to achieve the College’s goals of providing affordably, award-winning quality advanced education. Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and a competitive but team oriented approach are the attributes of the right candidate. The Associate Director of Corporate Partnerships position is a valued team member in the marketing and sales department.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for driving the growth of new corporate partners for NECB. In this individual contributor role, the candidate must have truly exceptional consultative sales, presentation, communication and organizational skills, as well as, a genuine and infectious passion for the value of higher education and its role in providing professional development to business employees.
Reports to: New England College of Business (NECB) VP Corporate Partnerships
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, nurture and manage an active pipeline of new corporate partners from a variety of industry verticals (Banking, Insurance, Healthcare, Transportation, etc.) to secure new corporate partnerships for the college.
- Maintain appropriate prospecting and recruitment activity reports; maintain up-to-date and accurate client/prospect database.
- Working collaboratively with other corporate partnership team members and departments as necessary, to move new partnership opportunities through to closure.
- Responsible for reaching out to inactive partners to revitalize the relationship and secure opportunities for student recruitment.
- Conduct onsite enrollment activities, including (but not limited to) group information sessions, team meetings, benefit fairs, educational fairs and organizational visits. Conduct conference call and webinar informational meetings, where appropriate.
- Attend industry relevant conferences and business association networking events.
- Maintain current and thorough knowledge of all NECB programs, and the regulatory, operational, and pedagogical complexities of higher education enrollment.
- Schedule weekly partner visits to inform employees of the Corporate Partnership benefits and educate them about programs.
- Ongoing reporting of partnership activities and performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a background in business, higher education, human resources or employee benefit sales strongly preferred.
- 3-5+ years’ experience in business-to-business sales.
- Exceptional capability of consultative sales skills, formulating good questions, eliciting a prospects interests, identifying suitability for partnership, and active listening.
- Strong telephone prospecting, business networking and customer service skills.
- Ability to meet recruitment goals; strong organizational skills; attentive to detail.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated, work well under pressure and be eager to succeed in a competitive, results-oriented environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must have a car and a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel in the assigned territory, as necessary. (Mileage and other travel-related expenses are reimbursed.)
- Residence within the current geography is required.
- Travel required.
Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Evidence of attention to detail, and collaborative approaches in working with adult learners.
- Familiarity with adult learning theory, instructional design, and technology-mediated learning is essential.
New England College of Business and Finance (NECB)
Founded in 1909, New England College of Business (NECB) is accredited by New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), offering online certificates, undergraduate and graduate degrees in business, finance, ethics and compliance, healthcare, human resources, and digital marketing through NECB’s award-winning online Learning Management System. NECB’s commitment to providing exceptional online programs has been recognized with a 2018 Brandon Hall Gold Medal for “Best Practices in Online Learning Programming” as well as ranked by U.S. News for Top 10 Best in New England for MBA (#10), Graduate Degrees (#7), Business Degrees (#9) and Best Online Programs for Veteran’s. The U.S. Department of Education recognized NECB as the most affordable private college in New England (2011 – 2017). NECB’s student population primarily comprises working adults from 40 states and is recruited from over 300 corporate partnerships.
Located in the heart of Boston’s Financial District, NECB is just two blocks from South Station with easy access to the Red, Green, and Orange Lines.
If this position fits you then please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org and join us as we transform lives!