The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Under general supervision, recruits and enrolls prospective students that have expressed interest in making a career change through a career focused educational program. The Admissions Representative will make outgoing phone calls, schedule appointments, conduct career planning sessions, and guide prospective students through all stages of the enrollment process. This role is an essential element in enabling committed students to pursue an education in their career field of choice.
Reports to: Director of Admissions
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruitment and enrollment of new and returning students.
- Consistently meet or exceed established individual production goals.
- Schedules and conducts prospective student interviews, covering program information, student services, key compliance points, and program outcomes.
- Contacts assigned prospective students using the phone, email, and other approved methods.
- Consistently uses the prescribed recruitment methodology.
- Maintains contact with prospective students throughout the enrollment process and into their academic careers.
- Generate referrals through multiple channels.
- Attends and participates, as needed, in student recruitment events.
- Accurately records daily activity using the College’s information systems according to policy.
- Adheres to all College and regulatory rules and requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a background in business, higher education, human resources or employee benefit sales strongly preferred.
- 3-5+ years’ experience in business-to-business sales.
- Exceptional capability of consultative sales skills, formulating good questions, eliciting a prospects interests, identifying suitability for partnership, and active listening.
- Strong telephone prospecting, business networking and customer service skills.
- Ability to meet recruitment goals; strong organizational skills; attentive to detail.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated, work well under pressure and be eager to succeed in a competitive, results-oriented environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must have a car and a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel in the assigned territory, as necessary. (Mileage and other travel-related expenses are reimbursed.)
- Residence within the current geography is required.
- Travel required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Competitive and compassionate
- Ability to function well as a member of a team
- Knowledge of and commitment to regulatory and college enrollment policies, standards, and procedures
- Basic skills in the use of computerized systems and databases
- Ability to influence others
- Results oriented
- May be required to work on weekends
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Associate’s degree is preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in admissions, sales, or customer service
If this position fits you then please apply at email@example.com and join us as we transform lives!