Founded in 1909, New England College of Business (NECB) offers online certificates, undergraduate and graduate degrees in a variety of business relevant disciplines through NECB’s award-winning online Learning Management System. NECB’s commitment to providing exceptional online programs has been recognized with a 2017 Brandon Hall Gold Medal for “Best Practices in Online Learning Programming” as well as rankings by U.S. News & World Report for best online programs. NECB is accredited by New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Located in the heart of Boston’s Financial District, NECB is just two blocks from South Station with easy access to the Red, Green, and Orange Lines.
NECB Academic Advisors work directly with the student population to ensure they are helping students achieve their educational goals here at the college in a way that promotes student retention and satisfaction. Academic Advisors are responsible for retention goals and to interdependently work with other departments at the college to meet students’ needs.
- Advise a caseload of 300+ students pursuing an Associate’s/Bachelor’s/Master’s degrees.
- Immense amount of student outreach via phone and email.
- Assist students with program planning, course selection, and registration
- Maintain a monthly population report to outline our current population and track student retention
- Responsible for meeting retention and monthly goals.
- Work closely with the Admissions Team to enroll and register new students
- Complete projects and retention reports when assigned
- Participate on internal committees.
- Work with At-Risk students who are not meeting SAP and ensure they are following their Academic Plans
- Work interdependently with other Academic Advisors, Registrar’s Office, Financial Aid Department, Academic Team, and Faculty to meet students’ needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills accompanied with exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Goal oriented and ability to handle a fast-paced environment. Also the ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
- Active Listener
- Ability to be empathetic and compassionate when working with student
- Creative problem-solving ability
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office; experience using student or customer relationship management software preferred, but not required
- Ability to work effectively both in a team environment, as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Higher education experience preferred, but not necessary