The Program Chair for the Master’s Degree in Business Ethics and Compliance (MBEC), Public Management and Executive Education is responsible for increasing the visibility and reputation of the New England College of Business (NECB) and the programs within this department through active involvement in academic and industry organizations. The Program Chair oversees the development, implementation, and evaluation of courses and overall curriculum, and manages the recruitment, selection, and hiring of qualified faculty. All Program courses must align with NEASC accreditation standards, as evidenced by the objective measurement of learning outcomes.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide strong leadership for outcomes-based, online curriculum development and manage revisions in keeping with current and future industry trends.
- Act as an advocate for the mission of the departments to internal and external constituents.
- Promote the academic quality of the departments and disciplines, both internally and externally.
- Ensure alignment of program goals with departmental and college-wide goals.
- Recruit and hire industry-experienced faculty who instruct through methods relevant to the industries represented and with the distinct aim of optimal student learning and engagement.
- Mentor faculty and maintain continuity of curriculum; encourage faculty development in areas of subject matter content as well as in teaching methodology and pedagogy.
- Provide academic and career mentorship to students and engage them in professional activities.
- Assume active involvement in industry-related organizations and integrate the tenets of these organizations into curriculum and co-curriculum.
- Partner with NECB’s B2B and enrollment teams to identify viable enrollment pipelines and industry and academic partnerships and increase the visibility of these programs.
- Partner with NECB’s B2B team to determine seminars, trainings and other engagement opportunities for a Center for Executive Education.
- Lead Program Advisory Boards in ways that foster industry engagement and identification of potential student markets and educational programming opportunities.
- Lead new program development through consistent research and consultation with industry experts and thought leaders. Coordinate with marketing for visible positioning of programs.
- Serve on College committees and participate in academic governance and participate in recruitment and orientation activities.
- Manage special projects as formally assigned by the Provost that are in keeping with NECB’s Strategic Plan.
- Teach Five (5) courses each calendar year.
This position reports to the Provost.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Terminal degree required in a discipline germane to the department(s) represented (ABD candidates with a solid completion plan will be considered as well).
- Demonstrated industry experience and involvement with a track record of networking and thought leadership aimed at advancing the goals and mission of the academic programs(s).
- Demonstrated record of effective teaching and possession of a student-centric instructional philosophy.
- Direct experience with online education, through teaching and/or curriculum development.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial mindset focused on identifying new and viable markets and academic programming opportunities.
- Collaborative leadership and the ability to work seamlessly with diverse internal and external stakeholders are essential.
If this position fits you then please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org and join us as we transform lives!