Under general supervision, plans and implements curriculum and educational programs for students within the program. Communicates class content to students so that learning occurs, skills are developed, and students are motivated to learn and achieve their educational objectives.
Reports to: Program Chair
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Active participation in weekly discussion boards on at least 3 days per week from Monday through Saturday.
- Delivering high-quality resources (videos, podcasts, simulations, websites, etc.) to support and enhance the student learning experience.
- Providing substantive feedback in a variety of modes (written, audio, video) for each graded assigned within 72 hours of the assignment deadline.
- Responding to student questions via the Q&A discussion board or email in a timely manner (24 hours maximum).
- Conducting weekly (virtual) office hours by email or by phone, as needed.
- Being an available resource to students throughout the course.
- Monitoring and submitting attendance records.
- Participating in at least two of the four quarterly faculty-development workshops offered to all faculty each year.
Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Evidence of attention to detail, and collaborative approaches in working with adult learners.
- Familiarity with adult learning theory, instructional design, and technology-mediated learning is essential.
Program Specific Requirements (If Applicable)
- A terminal degree is strongly preferred to teach courses at the graduate level. However, individuals with doctoral-level course work, specialized professional certifications or expertise will be considered. (A master’s degree is required to teach courses at the undergraduate level; however, a terminal degree is preferred.)
- Online teaching experience is strongly preferred.
If this position fits you then please apply at email@example.com and join us as we transform lives!